Saturday, May 13, 2006

Last summer, we traveled to Old England. We were in London mere days after the 7/7 Bombings and the air was as charged as was New York City the days after 9/11.

While I was there, a Brazilian immigrant was shot dead by the police, mistaken for an Arab suicide bomber. This concerned me a little because I am of Cape Verde ancestory. I was stopped and searched three times within 24 hours. Stopped is a lot better than shot.

Away from London, I was able to breathe a lot easier and really enjoy myself. We traveled to Great Yarmouth and I saw the Scroby Sands Wind Farm. It was impressive and beautiful.

Here in New England, we have controversy over the Cape Cod Wind Farm project.

For me, this is a no-brainer; wind power is just smarter than drilling for oil and gas. Why is this even an argument?

For more info go here or there...

1 comment:

Cranston2 said...

These pics came via Wikipedia. I think they originated with either the private company that runs the windmills or the city of Yarmouth. The windmills have become a tourist attraction.

They are a lot better to look at than oil and gas containers.

With all this rain coming down, how are our Cranston residents doing with flooding?