Friday, June 30, 2006

Andre Araujo for Cranston School Committee

Dear Friends and Neighbors,

My name is Andre Araujo and I am running for School Committee. I am asking for your vote on Tuesday, November 7, 2006.

I am a 32 year old married father of a young daughter attending Cranston’s public schools. We own a single family home in the Forest Hills neighborhood.

I am an employee of the US Navy. I also serve as an enlisted technical sergeant with the RI Air National Guard and I am a vestry board member of the Church of the Ascension in Cranston.

I graduated from East Providence High School in 1991. I was discharged honorably from the US Air Force in 1997. I hold two associates degrees, one from CCRI and the other from the Community College of the Air Force. I am currently completing my bachelor’s degree at URI.

We were all very disappointed with the way that Horton Elementary School was shut down and shocked by the callous manner in which our community was treated by the school committee.

Instead of just complaining, I want to do something about it. I want to work hard for more reasonable school budgets. I want to work with City Hall to get better state and federal aid and to alleviate the burden from the city property taxpayers.

We have hardworking and loyal teachers in the schools that deserve a decent wage so that they can continue to provide quality education to our children.

If elected by you, I will do my utmost to serve you and our future generations to the best of my ability.

Sincerely yours,



Andre Araujo

Website: AndreForSchools.com
E-Mail: Andre_Araujo@cox.net
Phone: (401) 261-2681

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry Andre. I'm voting for Pedro.

Cranston2 said...

If you would like to support our campaign but cannot vote in Cranston's Ward 2, please fill free to donate to the cause!

E-Mail me for details.

Thank you!

Cranston2 said...

Thank you, Kiersten!!